Thursday, February 10, 2011

if i had my own world.

   "if I had my own world, I'd build you an empire, from here to the far lands, to spread love like violence."
from 'Secret Crowds' by Angels And Airwaves.


these are just words written by Thomas Delonge. he doesn't have his own world. but then again, he used the word 'if'. well, what if i have my own world ? that would be fun wouldn't it ? i would have everything for myself. everything will be according to me and everyone would follow what i said. everyone would be entranced with with the rhythm of my bass guitar rather than dancing to the drum beat of the world. i would love that. but i'll get bored of it and it wont be fun at all after some time. not to mention illogical. so yeah.

but i would still want a world for myself. i am my own boss so i'll do what ever i want, right ? to start, i want to think like a miss universe. a miss universe must have a speech for world peace and such. so my world must have peace, solidarity, tolerance and a bunch of rebels who are radical enough to overthrow the government. nope, i wont make a good miss universe speech. in my own world, i don't want to have any unity campaigns to unite everyone. no propaganda of any sorts. they don't need them as they are already united. they're like the controlled version of the late John Lennon's vision of the world.

second of all, my world would have a plethora of produce ranging from the greenest of vegetables to the most succulent meats there is. no one would be hungry and no one would have the thought of creating a mega store that sells overpriced produce. that sounds almost perfect. not like Tom, i won't build an empire. not for anyone and not for myself. and i wont spread love as it'll make me sound like a hippie on LSD. but i have a certain idea for the community that i'll be living in. it's my world after all, right ?

here's the idea. i would want to have something in my own world that i can't have in the real world. the luxury of being surrounded by only the people you like, that makes you happy, genuine and think the same way as you do. its hard enough to find these people in the real world let alone being surrounded by a big group of them. but again, this is my world. same thing goes to the people i choose to be hostile with. in the real world, they are always there. what could i do ? they're in my circle of friends, i'll see them at my usual hangout spots, in social networks and some that won't just go away after being asked to disappear. in my world, they would all be banished. goodbye .

these are some partial ideas for a place i would call 'my own world'. but there's actually something wrong with it. its just too perfect. it defeats the purpose of my living. "whats the point of winning, if there's nothing more to lose?" said someone who i met 17 and a quarter years ago. the problems of the real world will bring out the best of a person. to face someone who has the audacity to stand up against me, to savour the moment when the air tremors and voice trembles as i walk pass the object of hostility or just to talk bad about someone just for the sake of talking bad about someone. that makes everything interesting wouldn't it ? well, that sounds like the world i'm living in right now. till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment