Sunday, July 3, 2011

why should I change for the better when I can change for the worse ?

for those who had fallen.
they are nothing but weeds in a garden,
they are soon to be forgotten.
but its in your hands, your judgement
and if ever you have the power,
you would've mustered all your might to lift the curse.
"never lose hope my friend"
I said ironically.
I'm sure he'll resurface eventually.

mother once said.
"always be grateful in life my son"
she carried on with another one.
"dear, you'll never know when it will end"
when she finished I nodded,
I smiled and I pretended.
now I know better.

being away taught me a thing or two.
if you're not here then you might not have a clue.
to stand up on your own and sometimes for others,
to live a quiet life without my brother.
if you're that lively then you shouldn't be bothered
and if I'm writing letters my days would be numbered.
if I don't talk so much
I would've made it less awkward.

sweetest dreams and sweetest waves.
my most profound thoughts scatter,
pieces from back then to just now
flew like cut up papers in the presence of a hurricane.
call me grounded, call me insane,
I still do have those dreams.
but this time around its a wee bit brighter
and coloured with a few different characters.

give me cigarettes give me cocaine.
give me a beating if it matches the pain.
then tell me what it takes to be the greatest lover
or show me how to commit the perfect murder.
don't ask me why or even wonder.
I just know I changed for the worse
and never felt better.

7 comments:

  1. wow i'm completely baffled! i mean i hardly get surprised after reading people's writings but yours was just, wow. u got talent, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, thanks a lot for your comment, only god knows how much i appreciate that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw ur welcome :D glad i cheered u up sorta (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes you did, but i'm not all gloomy most of the time. :) how did you find my blog by the way ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats good :D hm i can't rmmber exactly how i found it, by luck i think :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. you must be one lucky person then, :) if you're wondering, i'd go for a gun as i would prefer to keep my distance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha yes i sure am :D hm i see, i like your explanation. now you're making me curious as to why you'd prefer to keep your distance (:

    ReplyDelete